Whenever it comes to video games, the finest streaming platform that comes to mind is Twitch. Whether you have to stream or watch video games, Twitch is one of the excellent platforms to do so. But before streaming you have to link your device with twitch. The process to activate twitch account is different depending on the device. There are almost 15 million active users on twitch and the number of different players on twitch is above 2 million. Not just gaming, other categories can be streamed on Twitch like music, sports, chatting only, and many more. The only task that you have to do is find what you want to see or stream. You can link with streamers and have a conversation with many communities. For using twitch, no money is required but there is a premium membership of twitch that gives bonus content and many more. With the help of a chatbox, streamers can communicate with their audience.
Table of Contents
The thing that needs to be done is to create a twitch account, if you have it already then you can use it to view different streamers or chat with many communities. But for streaming, you have to activate twitch account on the streaming device. There is no need to worry as we will go through the process for different devices.
First, let’s quickly go through the steps to create a twitch account:
- https://www.twitch.tv/ is the official site of twitch where you have to visit to create an account.
- There will be an option saying sign up at the top right corner.
- The name you want the audience to know you by should be entered in the username section.
- Then you can enter your password, email, and date of birth.
- Now just tap the sign-up option and the account will be created.
- Now, the streams are available for you to watch.
You can also use a Facebook account if you don’t want to do these steps to create an account.
Note: Remember, streaming cannot be allowed without activating your Twitch account.
Let’s move on to the activation of the twitch account. We will go through the steps for every device to know how to activate it.
The devices that are mentioned below are the devices where steps of activation of twitch vary: –
- APPLE TV
- AMAZON FIRE TV
Well, without squandering any more moments let’s see the steps:
Activate Twitch Account on Roku
- Roku should be turned on and then take the remote and then access the channel store to search for the twitch app.
- Use the +Add channel to get it on your device.
- After signing in, an activation code will be visible on the tv screen.
- The code that is visible on the screen is required to activate the twitch account.
- Enter the visible code on twitch.tv/activate using another computer or mobile phone.
- The twitch account will then be activated and the streaming is available for you on twitch.
Activation on iOS
- Use the app store on the iPhone to search the twitch app.
- After finding the app, Installation of the app needs to be done.
- After opening the app, you need to login in the app.
- Code will be sent to the email after login which needs to be verified.
- Access the mail to verify and activate twitch.
- Then the app can be used freely.
Activate Twitch on Xbox One or Xbox 360
- After turning on the Xbox, access the Xbox store.
- Twitch should be downloaded from there.
- After installation, login should be done in the app.
- Then a 6 digit code will be given which needs to be entered at https://www.twitch.tv/activate.
- Activate should be pressed to complete the process and then the streaming content is available.
- Now the twitch account is activated.
Activation on Android
- Access the Play Store on the mobile.
- Twitch should be searched and then the installation needs to be done.
- After logging in from the twitch app, verification should be done by accessing the code sent on email.
- Verification completion is necessary to activate twitch account.
- After the completion of verification, the app can be used freely.
Account Activation on Chromecast
- For this, the Twitch app should be installed on mobile or computer.
- Chromecast and the device used for streaming should be connected with the common internet.
- After opening the app, a cast icon should be visible at the top which needs to be tapped.
- After selecting, find the Chromecast device and select it.
- The activation is not needed to be done because the streaming will be done by mobile or device you are logged in.
Activate Twitch on Apple TV
- Apple TV should be on and the remote is required to search the app store which is visible on the home screen of apple tv.
- Look for the search icon in the app store to find the twitch app.
- The Twitch app needs to be downloaded and installed now.
- After the installation, launch the twitch app and log in to your account.
- Now the streams can be watched on Apple TV.
Activate Twitch on Fire TV
- Google play store should be accessible which is visible on the home menu of your fire tv.
- After getting inside the google play store, Twitch needs to be searched and downloaded.
- Tap on the get option to install Twitch.
- After the installation, Twitch needs to be launched.
- After the launch of Twitch, the Sign-in screen will be visible.
- Now, it will show the steps that need to be followed to sign in to your Twitch account
- Completion of the steps visible needs to be done.
So, these are the steps to activate twitch account that needs to be followed. All the processes are kind of similar but still have some different steps, so be careful. Otherwise, there will not be a problem anymore in the activation of the Twitch account.